If you can’t upgrade your PS4 copy of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla or Watch Dogs Legion to the PS5 version, you’re not alone.
Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion both support free next-gen upgrades, allowing owners of a PS4 copy to get the enhanced version on PS5 completely free.
This has always been the case, across both console platforms. However, many players are simply unable to claim their free upgrades. The free upgrade option does not show up for affected players, and they instead see the game’s normal price.
The issue, for some reason, appears to seemingly only affect European players who own the disc version. Reports of the problem – affecting both Valhalla, and Legion – became harder to ignore towards the end of last week as more players got their hands on PS5.
Ubisoft has acknowledged the problem, and shared with VG247 a few steps that players should follow in order to get the upgrade while it investigates. Here are the steps you should try:
- Insert the eligible PS4 game disc.
- Go to the game hub for the PS4 game. Users must select “VIEW PRODUCT”.
- Select the upgrade offer on the game hub and review the upgrade offer.
- Select Download (or purchase with the discount price) to download/purchase content.
- After the download is complete, you can play the PS5 digital game by inserting the PS4 game disc. You will need to keep the disc inserted each time to play the game.
It’s worth keeping in mind that both games will work on PS5 thanks to backwards compatibility, but getting the PS5 version – which takes advantage of the new hardware – is what requires claiming the free upgrade through the PlayStation Store.
The post Try these steps if you can’t upgrade your PS4 copy of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla or Watch Dogs Legion to PS5 appeared first on VG247.