Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War will include a Zombies mode, which was detailed today by Treyarch.
In the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War four-person co-op mode DNA: Zombies, players can expect a fresh, new narrative along with a new cast of characters.
The mode includes new ways to progress, classic Perks, and Cold War weapons.
Storywise, it takes place in the early ‘80s, but its “roots reach back even further into the past.”
As part of Requiem, a CIA-backed international response team led by Grigori Weaver from the original Black Ops story, operatives explore a World War II bunker that hasn’t only been ravaged by time…
While fighting to suppress the unnatural phenomena at this graffiti-skinned, boarded-up bunker, Requiem team members investigate what lies beneath this structure that’s been left to crumble after decades of disservice. Should they succeed, Requiem may uncover a cache of decades-old secrets that upend the global order.
At the same time, a Soviet-led division and rival to Requiem, the Omega Group, enters the fray. The Omega Group also has a keen interest in studying and harnessing the unexplained events and anomalies manifesting around the globe.
Between Requiem and Omega Group, there are plenty of characters who may aid or hinder your journey, while others have separate, unknown agendas that will be up to players to discover. Among this cast, there is one particular contact – Sam – who seems eager to share intel discovered from deep within the KGB.
Players can track various intel in-game, to find out more on the mode which will “unfold in mysterious and unexpected ways.”
Here are just some of the updates coming to Zombies in Black Ops Cold War:
- Cross-Play and Cross-Gen: Just like Multiplayer, squads in Zombies can be formed across platforms and generations, marking the first time in franchise history this co-op mode is available via cross-play.
- Battle Pass Progression and Loadouts: Players will now advance through the Battle Pass with time played in Zombies, similar to Multiplayer and Call of Duty: Warzone™. Requiem team members can also start the match with their Gunsmith-crafted weapon of choice via loadout support.
- Weapon Rarity: In addition to the return of the Pack-a-Punch machine to transform your weapon, all weapons will now have a rarity associated with them. The higher the rarity, the greater the damage output and attachments for the weapon. For the first time, this will allow any weapon in the game to be sustainable in later rounds. This also adds more variety and fun to finding new weapons through Wall Buys and the Mystery Box.
- Field Upgrades: Outside of weaponry, players can deploy Field Upgrades as proactive abilities that add another layer to squad-based tactics. Charge them up by killing zombies, then deploy them in times of desperate need. From offensive buffs to abilities that aid in evasion or healing and reviving, these Field Upgrades are made to fit numerous playstyles and situations.
- Equipment: Around the map, you can craft and find lethal, tactical, and support equipment. Lethal and tactical equipment is similar to the equipment found in Multiplayer, like Frag Grenades, while support equipment is home to high-powered offensive weaponry. This slot could be where you deploy Grenade Launchers, Sentry Turrets, Explosive Bows, and even Chopper Gunners – all tools that can deliver a massive power spike when your squad needs it most.
- Perks: Classic Zombies Perks are back with a reimagined Cold War aesthetic, including the return of timeless favorites like Juggernog and Speed Cola. There’s no longer a limit to how many different Perks you can consume, so go ahead and crack open a six-pack, if you have the points to do so.
- Exfil: Instead of perishing to the horde, Black Ops Cold War Zombies provides a new option to escape with your life when you’re feeling overrun. If the whole squad is in trouble, you can opt to exfiltrate the undead combat zone via helicopter. Although zombie spawns will be dialed up to 11, you should expect to earn some rewards if your squad completes this final push to survive.
The Zombies experience is part of the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War which releases on November 13.
If you want to get in on Cold War ahead of time, you can jump into the multiplayer open beta. It will be available for all platforms on October 17-19 with select platforms and pre-order players able to access it earlier.
The post Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies features new ways to progress, classic Perks, and Cold War weapons appeared first on VG247.