Bugsnax developer Young Horses has rolled out a new update for the PS4 and PS5 game that fixes a slew of the game’s most frustrating bugs.
Version 1.04.000 has been pushed out to Bugsnax on PS4 and PS5, and the latest update for the game takes aim at some of the most game-breaking and progression-halting bugs that have affected players since launch.
The newest update, which weighs in at about 1GB on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, introduces a lot of fixes that make mission progression a little bit easier for players that have run into problems in the game.
Perhaps the most notable updates include changes that prevent the game permanently breaking progression if you leave a Boss Bugsnak encounter, and a few tweaks that mean quest-relevant creatures now respawn more frequently if none are detected in the corresponding area.
Also, a fix to “character eyelid behavior while sleeping” will prevent the game from seeping into your nightmares via that frankly disturbing visual glitch.
You can read the complete set of patch notes below.
Bugsnax Update 1.04 Patch Notes 1.040.000
- Added weather/rain forecast feature to map page in Journal. May your Poptick capturing be swift.
- Leaving a Boss Bugsnak no longer permanently breaks progression of that quest.
- Fixes an issue where Floofty’s Head Games quest breaks progression after leaving.
- Beffica’s head transform is now restored after being changed during a quest cutscene.
- Quest-relevant Bugsnax respawn more frequently if none are present.
- Improvements to character eyelid behavior while sleeping.
- Prevent input from getting stuck after launching the game with sticks pushed down.
- Ensure quest indicators are hidden during the endgame.
- Ribblepede movement improved when walking along walls.
- Noodler correctly drops a held object when it gets extinguished.
- Key items in the world are no longer physically moveable.
- Leaping over the boat during Filbo’s section of the end game no longer soft locks.
- Leaping over the fence during Wambus’ introduction scene in Garden Grove no longer soft locks.
- Players accidentally loading through the secret tunnel without solving either puzzle will now complete the puzzle so they can escape the underground death trap.
- Gramble no longer says I’m locked up for the night line when physically outside of his barn.
- Chandlo no longer gets into and out of bed repeatedly until 2am. (Same – Phil)
- Snorpy no longer says his Suspicious candle line if you light the candle before he arrives.
- Fixes an issue where water objects may disappear when camera screen effects occur and the game is paused.
- Performance improvements with regards to grass rendering.
- Improve Trip Shot stability.
Bugsnax is out on PS4 and PS5 now, and you can check out our review of the game at the link.
The post Bugsnax update 1.04 fixes some of the game’s most irritating problems appeared first on VG247.